Welcome to the provident living page here at dollarstoday.com. Many of you might be asking what does the term provident living mean. Provident living is a principle in which an individual had the foresight to be prepared for any emergency that may arise.
Economic downturn, unexpected unemployment or natural a disaster may put you and your family in the position of not having basic resources to survive day to day. That is why I collected these resources to share with you.
Privident Living Reading List:
- Emergency Food in a Nutshell by Leslie Probert and Lisa Harkness
- Making the Best of Basics: Family Preparedness Handbook
by James Talmage Stevens
- Emergency Food Storage & Survival Handbook: Everything You Need to Know to Keep Your Family Safe in a Crisis by Peggy Layton
- Pantry Cooking: Quick and Easy Food Storage Recipes by Laura Robins
- “All Is Safely Gathered In: Basic Recipes” This is a free booklet that you can obtain by contacting the Church of the Latter-day Saints at providentliving.org
- “Essentials of Home Production and Storage,” Church of the Later-day Saints
- Food Storage for the Clueless by Clark L. and Nancy H. Kidd
- Where’s the Wheat?: Food Storage Your Family Will Eat by Juli Brown
- Simply Prepared: A Guide to Emergency Preparedness and Food Storage by Cheryl F. Driggs
- It’s Time to Plan, Not Panic by Barbara Salsbury
Provident Living Emergency Products:
- Emergency Dog Food Rations – This dog food has a 5 year shelf life!
Provident Living Resources
Simply Living Smart – Building your self reliance.
Gamma Seal Lids – The Gamma Seal lid transforms most 12″ diameter plastic pails into leak proof, airtight storage containers.
A Steward’s Home – Great resource where you can find information on alternative fuels and water purification.
Preparedness Pro – Be sure to check out their post about preserving cheese for long term storage.
Provident Living Favorite Newsletters:
- Provident Living Rewards newsletter back issues
Favorite Food Storage Sites
- The Ready Store
- Provident Living
- Shelf Reliance
- Food Storage Made Easy
- Deals to Meals
- Everyday Food Storage
- Prepared LDS Family Blog
- Internet Grocer
- Be sure to check out ShelfReliance’s channel on YouTube. Great recipes and food storages resources. The spinach dip recipe looks delicious!
- Pioneer Living “Back to Basics” Online Magazine – The place to be for Homesteader’s, preppers and survivalists.
Facebook Groups and Resources:
Food Dehyrating Resources:
- Click here for a short tutorial on how to dry deli lunch meat and Shrimp in a dehydrator.
- Grandpappy’s Information Home Page – A collection of survival resources and recipes from Robert Wayne Atkins, P.E.